After it shared of potential prospects from the partnership it recently signed with Nutanix Inc., Lenovo has further cemented its place in the enterprise computing space with another global-level partnership. This time, the collaboration is with long-time network stalwart, Juniper Networks (Juniper).
This strategic engagement is focused on playing up the synergies in the respective technology portfolios of both Lenovo and Juniper as they build next-gen platforms that play in the converged, hyperconverged, and hyper-scale data centre space. The alliance reflects a shared commitment to deliver simplified, flexible, and high-performance solutions that will provide customers with faster time-to-application values and cost reductions.
“Lenovo is on a mission to become the market leader in datacenter solutions. Thusly, we will continue to invest in the development and delivery of disruptive IT solutions to shape next-generation data centres. Our partnership with Juniper Networks provides Lenovo access to an industry leading portfolio of products that include Software Defined Networking (SDN) solutions,” said Gerry Smith, Executive VP and Chief Operating Officer, PC and Enterprise Business Group, Lenovo.
According to a joint media statement that both released, the partnership is expected to give customers the ability to leverage Juniper’s strengths in networking and Lenovo’s advanced expertise with x86 server platforms to derive manageable, scalable, and simple solutions for their data centres.
The key planned principles of the partnership include the following:
- Customers will be able to purchase Juniper’s broad portfolio of networking products directly from Lenovo for easier acquisition as well as consolidated support.
- Having disaggregate the hardware and software in data centres, the two companies intend to bring open and flexible solutions to market by focusing on the Open Network Install Environment model.
- Keeping in mind of customer needs for fast provisioning and easy administration, both companies will work together to offer simplified management and orchestration in the data center, leveraging on Lenovo’s xClarity management software as well as Juniper’s Network Director and Contrail SDN software.
- Both companies will work together when they go to market on a worldwide basis, targeting enterprise customers, service providers, channel partners as well as system integrators.
- Lenovo and Juniper will also develop joint go-to-market plans and a tailor-made re-sell model to address unique localization requirements in China.
“This joint-venture will enable the delivery of a full-stack solution for a wide-range of data centres – from the mid-range enterprise to private Cloud and to hyper-scale customers. We are, indeed, very excited about collaborating with Lenovo as we want to leverage on the full power of our IP-networking portfolio based on our JunosOS and Contrail platforms. This is so we can easily deliver the next-gen converged, hyper-converged, and hyper-scale solution to customers in quick order through the world,” added Rami Rahim, CEO, Juniper.